All change... all change!

After much soul searching recently a few decisions have had to be made.

Life has changed considerably in the last year or so, and as ever priorities can change at the drop of a hat and I have to start thinking about things differently.

For the last (almost) 5 years I have had the amazing opportunity to work for Adoption UK. When I joined I wasn’t sure what I should expect working for a charity, however what I did consider was that I wasn’t sure how long I would work there, or indeed how many opportunities I would get along the way.



I also had no clue that as ‘GayAdoptionDad’ how much of an impact that would have on those five years also. The two together were like dynamite giving me opportunities, challenges and building relationships with people I could never have imagined I would know, let alone meet.

The time has come, however for me to move on, and I have made the decision to leave Adoption UK.


I have made some amazing connections over the past five years, some of you have become fantastic friends. I have learned so much from all of you and really feel that I have had an opportunity to make an impact in my own way.

So, from the end of September I will hang up my Adoption UK Lanyard and stick my feet up for a few hours - that’ll be my limit before I get bored! I’ll plan my next move, whatever that will be or how it will look.

Right now it is an exciting prospect and one that I look forward to embracing.

The A&F podcast will continue with Al Coates, so no panics there, and who knows where I might pop up next!

Massive thanks to everyone I have met over the last 5 years - including my wonderful amazing work colleagues, supportive bosses (of which I have had a few!) and the team of adoptive parents (staff and volunteers) who helped me to deliver what we could where could.

Adoption UK is going from strength to strength and I am proud to have been a part of it for so long - I will continue to support them - as should you - as there is some amazing work going on there to support adoptive families.








Comments